Tuesday, May 28, 2024

November 2015, it Begins!

 Two Sundays before Thanksgiving I finally got started. It was more exploratory work than large scale demo because I wanted to find out what in the world was going on with the two wall boxes at the entrance to the bedroom. The only thing I can figure is that after wiring went in someone wanted to move the switches to the other side of the room. Not like it matters a whole lot anyway, but I wanted to get it out of the way.

There's a whole lot of something going on here...

I have no idea what's going on here. Previous owners must have owned some kind of badger...

... or maybe a wolverine? Or Wolverine!

Last view of this cruddy hallway from the bedroom!

Figuring out this crud was fun... Even if you're moving the entrance to the room and the light switches you at least need to know what's going on with the existing wiring.

And sometimes it's a mess you need to do a little more!

It was all worth it because a week later I was able to get the new light fixture put in. This thing is heavy so there's some pretty decent bracing up in the attic. I like it better than a ceiling fan that will never get used even if it's not the fixture I would have chosen.


Might as well do what you can with the stuff under the floor in the closet before you go to the trouble of demoing out your bedroom! The plan is to run conduit from where I want to put the electronics to the space behind the tv but that may be too much trouble.

That's where November ends, and the real fun here is about to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment