Tuesday, March 12, 2013

New Lights!

We finally have new outdoor lighting by the garage.
















I really like it. We were having trouble finding lights that weren't an arm and a leg that are mid century modern or just modern/contemporary looking but ebay came to the rescue. The install is nothing to write much about... old lights come off, new lights go on.

I'm also finished painting. The only thing left to do are fascia boards on one wall. I was hoping the color would come out a bit darker, but this will be ok. It's nothing to lose sleep over. I also need to paint the shutters. They're going to be the same color they already are because the house came with about a gallon of the stuff.

The old landscaping fabric and grass has been pulled up and it'll be time to put in new fabric later this week. With any luck I'll have the area filled with river rock by the weekend and will be moving on to the next project. I'm going to clean up the area where there used to be a playground and lay the groundwork for a garden. At this point I have no idea what to plant, just... something. I'm also going to be repairing all 3 fence gates soon, so there should be another update this weekend with pictures of how everything came out. I'd also like to add a picture or two of the overall concept for the place viewed from the street if I have time to get it on paper by then.

Once this is done, that pretty much sums up the outdoor work that I'm doing this year. Then it's time to move on to car, truck and lawn mower maintenance and then on to the first big project for 2012... the living room and kitchen. I really have no clue how long it all will take. This could be quick, or be more difficult than I thought. At this point the 'while you're in there' stuff doesn't seem too bad and I really doubt there will be any structural issues beyond what I already know about because everything has been looked at so many times but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment