Saturday, April 21, 2012

Mid-Month HUGE update!

Whenever I go for a while without posting it's usually for a good reason. In this case it's because I was busy getting so much accomplished. Not long after my last post the bathroom looked like this:







Not bad, but not exactly finished either. Today I'm much closer to that goal. The flooring and loads of other details are in, and it looks like this





The baseboards are still missing... not exactly missing, but not installed. I cut them to size and painted them, and they'll go in on Monday when I have my truck and air compressor on site again. They'll go in much easier if I can use air tools to attach them to the walls than if I have to hammer and then set a bunch of nails. That's the last detail needed aside from blinds for the larger window before everything on my list for the bathroom is complete.

Here's how the seemingly-neglected closet came out. I cleaned up and reused the wood from the original long shelves to make the new ones. It looks like it's always been there, which is pretty much what I was going for.



Today I started the process of really cleaning up everywhere where work is complete. This area reminds me of my first house, which had the same sort of landing and turns that this staircase has. They were made about 80 years apart from each other. Someday the railing will be wood colored again, but that day isn't today.


One of the three bedrooms... not the most exciting thing to look at.



Another bedroom, equally as uninteresting as the last one was





Once upon a time this site was for the house we live in, but by now I'm sure less than half the posts go with that place. Since things are wrapping up at the downtown house it's time to make sure I have everything I need when I resume the foundation work at our place. I went to Lowes and came back with a lot of stuff. It took two trucks and a trailer to move it all. Just because the truck is 42 doesn't mean that it can't move things around.



The cinderblocks were a little heavy...



Here's the mountain they made with the car included for reference. The highlights of the trip were... about 84 cinderblocks, 42 cinderblock tops, 15 80lb bags of concrete, 23 2x8x8s, and 10 sheets of 3/4" plywood. I was a little tired after unloading everything.



The stack of cinderblocks felt more like this...



Except, that still looks like a stack of cinderblocks. It really felt more like this



I'm hoping to finish up with the downtown place soon so life can return to normal again. It should happen in a few days, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment