Saturday, October 4, 2014

First half of April

Now that drywall is finished and I’m not framing anything anymore I can work on something easier, like painting.




Paint was my last obstacle before I could start installing flooring. I learned a lot about putting hardwood in from reinstalling it in the formal living room the year before. It took easily an hour or more before I could put in the first piece.



A day later I was only a dozen rows in but starting to move faster. Every time the shape of the area to have flooring installed in changed I had to stop and remeasure everything to make sure the new, wider area was installed in line with the rest of the row. Also I kept having to move the entertainment center around and the thing weighs a ton. The oven had to go away so we’re back to being able to cook only with a microwave, toaster oven and water boiler. We live in a giant dorm room.


No comments:

Post a Comment