Saturday, October 4, 2014

First half of January

I am still on hold for framers – I’ve been told that there is a labor shortage and that right now the crew is across the state, and that it could be a really long time before they’re back, or that they will be here very quickly. After the last few missed appointments I just assume something will happen again and they will be unavailable.

I finished the water lines in the kitchen and then went back to replacing more joists. It’s been a really cold winter so far and having floors covered only with loose plywood isn’t helping keep the place warm, but the project must move on somehow. This should be a familiar sight. It’s the stairs again, and a beam I installed a year and a half earlier.



The unevenness in the floor has always bothered me. Over here it was especially bad. This is why. I have no clue why they didn’t want to use joist hangers. They aren’t expensive, and they would have completely prevented this from happening!





No comments:

Post a Comment