Sunday, October 5, 2014

First half of July

The ceiling is here! This is the sort of thing that you paint before installing it or you risk making a huge mess.


But wait, there’s more!


I’m also working on putting in the cooktop vent. I had to build a support structure to attach the thing to, and protect adjacent cabinets from being scratched up. This was easier said than done. It’s way too hot to put in the ductwork in the attic so I’ll do that this fall when it’s cooler.






The kitchen project started a year ago by the way. I can't do a before/after yet because I'm not finished but these shots are from the same angle as the pictures I took before the project.











Once the ceiling was painted it was time to start putting it in. It required a lot of careful measuring and moving each of the recessed lights slightly to make them line up perfectly. Errors would be obvious here. I installed it with only a little help. Every bit as fun as it sounds…






Countertops came in while I was still putting up the ceiling. Yet another thing we’ve gone without forever now.



While all that was going on the new wall oven and combi-steam oven arrived and on top of that, the gas guy came by and extended the line into the kitchen so we now have a cooktop.






I was able to somehow lift the smaller of the two ovens into the cabinet but the other one weighs 100lbs more than I do and it required a bit of help.





Finally at the middle of the month, the rest of the countertops arrived. This period was one of the hugest ones of the entire project.




No comments:

Post a Comment