Saturday, October 4, 2014

Second Half of January

One thing I didn’t mention was what the weather was like during all of this. Temperatures at night were routinely dropping into the teens and we have no insulation any more, plus large openings into the attic space above. That needed to be addressed along with the HVAC ducting and wires that ran to fixtures that no longer existed. The solution for the cold was to stuff as much of the old insulation back up there as possible, then call a blown in insulation company and get on their calendar ASAP. The time where I needed to talk cabinets was also fast approaching since who knows how long that would take.

I also managed to put in the framing for the peninsula.



Things were coming along nicely and we’re back to more of the same with the subfloor and joists. Here’s how badly it was built. I was able to finish up the vapor barrier and new center beam under the small dining area so that was another thing off the list.



I wasn’t joking about the cold weather. This is not fun when you have no real insulation in such a large area. I still managed to get a lot accomplished.



No comments:

Post a Comment