Thursday, March 22, 2012

Things are still going pretty much as planned with the work. Yesterday I finished up the mosaic and tile on the first wall.



Here's a closeup of the mosaic.


Today I cut the chair rail for the right side of the vanity. I would've cut it for the left side too, but that would've made too much sense. I can't put it in quite yet, because I want it to line up neatly with the 4th row of tile throughout the area. It really serves two purposes besides being somewhat decorative. The first is, it'll cover up a couple of areas where I could've finished the drywall a bit better and the second is, I can use it as a base that I can tile up from. It's a lot easier to start tiling from the bottom, going up than it would be if I started somewhere on the wall with nothing supporting the tile from below.

I also figured out what bits I need to finish the drain for the sink. This may be a bit technical, but I'll need a U piece, a grabbing part and a tee (a trap, the piece the pipe coming from the trap attaches to, and a T fitting).

Tomorrow I won't be accomplishing much - just installing some new door hardware. The rest of the doors will still look like they do now, but at least they all will have new hardware that works and fits in with the original design.

No comments:

Post a Comment