Saturday, June 8, 2024

Breaktime is Over - The Rest of July 2016

 Back to work

My two week break is over and it's time to get back to work. I focused on the shower and bathtub plumbing first. It's all in and tested, so next up is lighting. I just used more of the little fixtures that I've already used other places in the house for the shower, and another 4" Ecosmart LED just like the ones in the kitchen and family room. It's a known quantity an I like it so let's just use more of them


I also used the smaller, directional lights all over the place in the bedroom

I had some free time and decided to put up the wallpaper in the bedroom since work in there is pretty much done and nothing is going on that can hurt it. This time I went with actual grasscloth instead of the vinyl kind like I did in the entry and front living room. In here it isn't going to get bumped or damaged so why not? Rolls of this stuff were wider than the other kind so the job was done pretty quickly.

Not bad, I really like it! Goes well with our new roommate and his crib. This wallpaper was actually our second choice - the first one kept getting delayed.

 Don't forget the other room

 

I also worked on lighting in the half bath. It's starting to look like an actual space instead of some small, closed off area where construction stuff goes to hide out of the way. The tiered pendant lighting is another thing I saw online and liked. It would look a lot better except one of the lights doesn't work and I get to wait for a replacement to come in. The downside of LED lighting I guess. I also took care of the vanity plumbing so this room is getting really close to being ready for tile.


 

Speaking of tile, some samples came in and we picked a winner for what goes on the wall in the master bathroom. It's vein cut marble in 12x24". I've worked with stone before, but this will be the first time I've done marble. It seems pretty strong though and looked so much better than the other samples that were porcelain. The floor will be a 24"x24" porcelain concrete look tile by Daltile. I'm copying heavily from more pictures that I saw online. That bathroom had an actual concrete floor but I can't do that here.


Speaking of copying things, this is what I'm doing with the vanity in the half bath. It looks like a huge slab but is really just wood framing with countertop material on the top and front. There's no way an actual vanity will fit in the half bath. It's just way too small. Towel bar will also go where this one is. It'll do a great job hiding the plumbing. I also want to do a floating mirror like this but am not quite sure how to do it. Something else I get to figure out.



No comments:

Post a Comment