Sunday, June 9, 2024

November 2016 - I Actually Enjoy Tile!

Enjoy Doing Tile? *Backs Away Slowly*


Technically these are from Halloween through the first week of November but I have to stop somewhere. I painted the ceiling before starting with the tile because there's a lot less masking that way.

I knew I was going to do a ton of tile work when I bought the wet saw a few years ago so I bought a pretty nice wet saw. It does miter and plunge cuts, so it's not hard to make the square holes for all of the plumbing fixtures.

It also does miter cuts which was really useful when it came to seamlessly wrapping the stone around the short wall and niche. For contrast and more resistance against soap and everything I used extra floor tile inside the actual niche instead of marble.

Just a little bit of a closer look inside now that it's done

It's actually looking like a bathroom at this point! Not that you can use it to take a bath or shower. Or anything that needs a sink, faucet, countertop, or drain...

Working my way around this corner now... I skipped so much talk about doing the drywall in this area. No kerdi around the bathtub because it'll only be used by adults and if I had to guess it won't happen very often.


I put all the trim in first because it's easier for me to cut around it than to have the trim sit on top of the tile and have to make spacers to make it sit around the actual window glass. It looks a lot neater this way, and I know... wood needs to e painted at some point. Just happy that things are moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment