Thursday, June 6, 2024

First Half of April

 And We're in the Home Stretch!

I'm running out of time until the baby gets here but there's still so much to do! No clue how much the project will slow down, so my goal at this point is to get the place to be as liveable as possible because we may be there for a while. Hardwood flooring has been ordered, so I worked on putting up drywall before it got here

The layout of the old shower is starting to disappear

It should be a little more clear how big this niche wall will be. I wanted to keep it as small as possible in order to preserve the openness of the new bathroom.

Less than a week in and the wood is here! Drywall and paint in the bedroom need to happen before I can start putting this in.

Goodbye old doorways, goodbye dents and dings



The new closet off the master bedroom is really taking shape now. Walls in there are insulated and drywall caulked to the studs to try and keep the family room noise out of the bedroom.


Just how much painting have I done in this place?!

And goodbye blue paint. I really liked this color back in San Antonio and it did a great job covering up awful things like that Barney purple in the family room, but its time had come. Moving on to bigger and better things now.



A few months ago I mentioned the subfloor wasn't rotten once I got far enough to the southwest corner. It's much easier to see here with the bedroom completely cleaned out. Now, how much flooring can I get done???


No comments:

Post a Comment