Sunday, June 16, 2024

March - So Many Things I'd Rather be Doing!

 I've been working on this place and the one in San Antonio before it for how long now... 8 years? 

Between work, that, and the baby I've been slowing down but still moving forward. The bathtub is something the neighbors were getting rid of a couple of years ago along with matching green toilets. Free vintage fixtures that would cost a ton to ship and definitely match each other? Yes, please! I've been saving them for this and yes, the bathroom will be blue. Those places that can come in and take the fun out of all of your tile and bathtub can redo this in a shade of blue that comes really close to matching the sink and toilet so that's what the plan is.

One problem is that cast iron bathtubs are REALLY heavy. I had to use cut pieces of drain pipe to move this because it easily weighs 2-3x what I do


Call me crazy all you want, but it does work!

Sink hardware came in. Again going with something that looks vintage. This stuff comes from Union Brass and reminds me of a lot of stuff I've seen on older houses. Ceramic cartridges so it should last a lot longer than things used to.


The lighting for the bathroom also came in. I'm reusing the vanity light from my parents place and bought one that looks like the one they had in the bathtub as well. Actually two because for reasons unknown to me someone removed the front porch light years ago. Wires and switch were still in place anyway! Now we have a front porch light

The hamper for the other bathroom should get here soon so I think that project will wrap up next month. Before / After pictures to come shortly after!

No comments:

Post a Comment