Sunday, June 9, 2024

Closing Out 2016

"We'll Drill the Holes On Site"


See anything wrong with this picture?

I supplied the countertop place with the hardware I was using for the sink and water faucets. Here's what it looks like, here's how the base is offset, here's how it just has that one hole. They say that's fine, they'll drill the holes on the site. Great! Can't screw things up when you have the actual stuff right there in front of you.

Challenge accepted! They'll just drill a hole in the center at their place and then act surprised when it comes out looks funny. I try to see if I can exchange the hardware for one with a spout and two separate knobs for the water but no can do... The tub came out ok so I do have that, but who needs countertops I guess.

I put in the bathtub hardware on Christmas Eve so there's that much.



 

After a year like this, we both think this is a pretty nice Christmas present!

I also took all of the before pictures for the next big adventure. Those get to come along a little closer to when that project kicks off. Half bath hardware and sink are in, but the drain is going to be a challenge to connect because the drain plumbing is in European sizes. The sink was a huge pain to get but it all will be worth it once it's done.


I like this picture because you can still see how I had to move the wall over about 8 inches to get it in line with everything else. It's the little things like that you never take into account how much extra work they'll be.

While I'm waiting for all of this I'm going to take advantage of the cooler weather to rebuild the two sides of the back yard fence that I didn't do a couple of years ago. There's no way it'll last another year. Home Depot will deliver all of the supplies. Way too much of that stuff for me to get on my own! After that I'll begin working on the tile for this room.

We're at the end of the year but not the end of a project. At least it's in sight.

Here's to an easier 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment